Now accepting applications for our 2020 program!
Questions? Please email email@example.com .
PROGRAM RUNS APRIL - JUNE
2020 - Spring 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Program
Yoganette Yoga Studio is proud to offer our 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Program in accordance with Yoga Alliance standards. Since first offering the program in 2012, we have had 10 wonderful graduating classes with the most amazing students, many of whom have continued on to teach at Yoganette afterwards!
Our YTT course provides a solid foundation for those who want to deepen their practice, as well as those who want to be able to share their passion for yoga more confidently in a teaching environment.
The program meets over 7 select weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) during March, April, and May of 2020. Training will be led by Yoganette Yoga Studio owner and senior instructor, Jessica Lin (E-RYT).
REVISED SCHEDULE (New Program Start Date - March 14th, 2020)
Fridays 5:00pm-9:30pm, Saturdays 11:00am-6:00pm, Sundays 9:30am-5:30pm
- Weekend 1: March 14, 15
- Weekend 2: March 20, 21, 22
- Weekend 3: April 3, 4, 5
- Weekend 4: April 17, 18, 19
- Weekend 5: April 24, 25, 26
- Weekend 6: May 8, 9
- Weekend 7: May 29, 30, 31
- asana breakdown of form and alignment
- anatomy as it applies to yoga, with focus on various areas of the body and different types of movements
- applied anatomy and working with specific injuries and conditions
- providing modifications, adjustments, and assisting
- physiology to support function and healing, including chakras, nadis, bandhas, and breathwork
- yoga history and philosophy with focus on important texts and basic sanskirt terms
- teaching methodology and communication
- sequencing principles for effective and dynamic classes
$2400 (Early bird, paid in full by 02/14/2020)
$2700 (Regular Price, payment plans available)
Tuition price includes a 3-month unlimited class pass during the duration of training ($390 value).
We value a small group format where the lead instructor is able to work more with the individual students, so space is limited!
For more information or to apply for our program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is each training day like?
- Each training day will start with a 60-75 minute yoga practice. We will continue with an overview of the day's topics, followed with discussion and application.
- Is there homework?
- There will be some simple written homework assignments as well as physical practice of postures and techniques. There is a required reading list, which will be sent directly to trainees after registration.
- What if I can't do a headstand or certain postures?
- That's ok! An ability to do a certain posture is not necessary to participate in the training. We just ask that you have at least 6 months of consistent practice and an open mind with a passion to learn!
- What payment plans are available?
- We understand that the tuition is an investment, so we are happy to work with you individually to figure something out. Please email us directly and we can set up a plan.
- What if I don't want to teach yoga?
- That's totally fine! About half of the trainees in each group usually go on to teach afterwards, but mostly people come to the program just wanting to learn for their own benefit, which is more than enough! It's your practice, and we're just here to help you explore deeper.
- What is required to get the 200hr certification?
- Participation in all the training dates is needed. In the case of missing a day, make-up will be required and must be worked out with the lead trainer. Attending a minimum number of yoga class hours is also required, as well as the passing of a final written test and completion of 30 practice teaching hours. When all these requirements are met, a 200hr certification will be presented to the student, which can then be used to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT if that is what you want.